Jawai Bandh or Dam
Small drive icon: 60 minutes drive (icon same as screenshot above) Use icon for history (icon same as screenshot above)
Located 50km from Mana Ranakpur is the imposing Jawai ‘bandh’ (dam). Built by Maharaja Umaid Singh of Jodhpur in 1957, the Jawai bandh is the main source of water supply to Jodhpur city and other parts of Pali District. Jawai bandh is the largest dam in Western Rajasthan.
Apart from being a visual spectacle, this area is a paradise for migratory birds. If the guests are lucky, they may also spot some crocodiles in the water.
Lately, the surrounding areas of Jawai bandh have become extremely popular for leopard sightings. As a result of this, safari's in this region are being organized by many hotels in the area. To learn more about the leopard safari's near Jawai bandh, Click Here.
Bird watching & photography
Visit to the wildlife museum
High tea & Picnic
- Some of the above activities may not be possible during the rains.
- The drive time mentioned above is approximate and subject to change based on actual conditions.
- Entry charges are applicable for visiting the museum.
- The timings for the museum's operation may vary depending on various factors out of Mana Hotel's control. Therefore, the guests are requested to check about the exact timing in advance.
- Mana Hotels can arrange for transport from the hotel to Jawai Bandh. Advance notice of 24 hours is needed to arrange the same.