Leisure Travel is perfect for two sets of people. The first set being those who have just begun vacationing and stepping out of their comfort zone. They are usually looking for something enjoyable and relaxing and prefer to avoid adventure and the unknown. The second set are the experienced who’ve seen and done it all and are now looking to sit back, relax and enjoy the simple pleasures of life like beautiful sunsets, nature and being pampered! Either way, these are the top 5 leisure travel destinations in India!
1. Goa: Goa is often a synonym for partying, drinking and true decadence. While that may be true, there is a whole other side to it too! The seemingly unlimited stretches of soft white sand in South Goa are the ideal place to unwind and relax. For those who are culturally inclined, there are great historical buildings and churches. For foodies, there is a wealth of seafood to gorge on. Their wine and art is also worth a mention!
2. Rajasthan: We think it would be impossible to explore everything that Rajasthan has to offer in one lifetime! Its numerous attractions include a multitude of palaces, forts from centuries ago, many national parks with a variety of flora and fauna, phenomenal native art and craft and of course, lip smacking food! Each experience is unique and vastly different from daily life! It’s a great place to unwind and rejuvenate!
3. Kerala: The tranquil backwaters, the soothing Ayurvedic massages, the nourishing and satiating food and the overall beauty of the place makes Kerala a great retreat from urban life! A photographer’s delight, its beauty has been a favourite amongst leisure travellers for eons! The next time you need some time off, book yourself on a houseboat and cruise along the backwaters!
4. Mussoorie: If it’s the mountains that make you happy, consider Mussoorie for your next vacation! Especially if you live in North India, it’s pretty much a hop, skip and a jump to this gorgeous hill station. It’s ideal for an affordable getaway that will give you access to the Himalayas with options for hiking, paragliding etc. The numerous cafes and shopping streets provide entertainment for the less adventurous! Of course, there are a plethora of waterfalls in the area which are definitely worth a visit!
5. Andaman & Nicobar Islands: Pristine and Beautiful. Peaceful and Adventurous. Just absolutely stunning! Spend hours walking on gorgeous beaches and dip into sparkling waters! For those who like adventure, go deep sea diving. This is the perfect destination for anyone who wants to cut off from their daily routine and completely immerse themselves in nature!