Ensuring guest satisfaction is an on-going challenge for Rajasthan hotels and resorts across the world. Fortunately, in India, our culture has imbibed in us a spirit of ‘Athiti Devo Bhava’ which literally translates to Guest is God! With such upbringing it is no surprise that some of the best hotels & resorts in the world are found in India.
However, in addition to our natural tendency to treat the guests with utmost respect and attention, some refinement might be needed in a person’s communication verbal and non-verbal. These training modules are intended to do just that without the burden of long lectures of cumbersome theoretical concepts.
F&B Service Training
- Before going on duty what personal Hygiene should be maintained?
- Nail and hair should be trimmed, face should be clean shaven and no body odor should be present
- What should be kept in mind about your uniform when starting a shift?
- It should be properly ironed, not torn & shoes to be polished
- What is the first thing you should say to the guest coming to the restaurant?
- Say the greeting ‘Namaste’ with folded hands and ask ‘Where they would like to sit’.
- How much time should you give to guest to decide the order?
- Wait for at least 5 minutes or verbal cue or physical action from guest before approaching them.
- Should we place ordered food directly on the table without guest acknowledgement? True or False
- Acknowledge the guest 2 steps away from the table before placing food
- When to approach a table towards end of the meal?
- When there is visible confirmation that guest has concluded meal
- When guest himself/herself indicates that he wants no further services
- If sufficient time (more than 15 minutes) has passed without any interaction with guest
- What should the staff say after delivery of order?
- Is there anything else that I can get for you?
- Announce the name of each dish as it is placed on the table
- Ask about refilling beverages
- What if a guest says that food is too spicy?
- Apologize for the inconvenience and offer to replace the dish
- What if the room service order is delayed as per guest expectations?
- Apologize and update time needed to get the order
- Apologize and remind guest that we are trying our best
- What if some dish gets over before guest gets a chance to eat?
- Apologize, and offer him another dish
- Apologize and check with the chef if more of the same dish can be prepared
- How do you respond if the guest asks for service in a venue apart from the restaurant?
- Say yes to Guest while informing him of longer service period
- What do you do/say if the guest finds a bug/insect in the food?
- Apologize and offer him a complimentary dish
- Make the guests entire meal complimentary
- What do you do/say if the guest is not happy about the service?
- Apologize and check the concerns of the guest
- Apologize and change the waiter
- Offer him free Dish
- When should staff wash their hands immediately?
- When you come from the toilet.
- When you sneeze, blow nose, yawn, or cough covering your mouth with your hands.
- After you touch hair, scalp, skin, or any body-opening.
- What are the common reasons for guest complaints in restaurants?
- Unfriendly staff
- When the servers are not available to take requests and the guest has to wait for servers to return to the table
- Food & water are not delivered on time
- Unhygienic crockery, cutlery or table ware
For more training modules from Mana Hotels in the simple Q&A format. Subscribe to our YouTube Channel