Keeping in mind the requirements of our Gurjarati visitors who prefer an element of sweetness in their food, the chefs at Mana Hotels came up with the delicious recipe of Corn Capsicum Labadar. Lababdar actually is a Hindi word that implies a very soft, creamy and decadent flavour and refers to a beautiful and creamy gravy made from tomatoes. The chefs were kind enough to share their recipe and it is as follows:
– American Corn kernels – 300 g
– Capsicum – 3 nos. cut into cubes
– 3 Chopped onions
– 2 chopped tomatoes
– Quarter cup chopped coriander
– Half tea spoon cumin seeds
– 2 table spoon ginger garlic paste
– 1 tea spoon chilli powder
– 1 table spoon coriander powder
– 1 tea spoon cumin seed powder
– Half tea spoon turmeric powder
– 1 tea spoon garam masala powder
– Quarter cup fresh cream (optional)
– 3 table spoon oil
– Salt to taste
- Boil the corn in water. Drain the water once its cooked and set aside
- Heat the oil in a kadhai or a broad wok. Add cumin seeds. When it starts crackling, add chopped onions and cook till golden brown
- Add ginger garlic paste and cook for 2-3 minutes. Then add red chilli powder, cumin powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder. Stir fry for a minute.
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook till oil leaves the masala and continuously keep stirring.
- Add diced capsicum and mix well. Finally add boiled corn, garam masala powder and salt. Mix and cook on low heat for 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in cream and chopped coriander and serve hot.