We’ve all had paneer and we’ve all had kadhi but have you had paneer wali kadhi? If not, you must give it a try. Visit us at Mana Hotels, Ranakpur for many unique dishes like these! In the meanwhile, you can also try it at home!!
Gram Flour (50g)
Coriander seeds (2g)
Cumin seeds (1g)
Curry leaves (4 – 5 leaves)
Asafetida / Hing (a pinch)
Turmeric Powder (2g)
Salt (to taste)
Red Chilly Powder (2g)
Fenugreek leaves (1g)
Fresh mashed Paneer (80g)
Whole red chilies (1 – 2)
Garam Masala (2g)
- Mix the chickpea flour, turmeric, chili powder, salt and garam masala
- Add yoghurt gradually to this mixture to form a smooth paste
- Add water to the paste
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy based pan, add the asafetida, cumin seeds and coriander seeds, curry leaves and whole red chilies.
- When the cumin seeds begin to sputter, add the fresh mashed paneer and fenugreek leaves and cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the flour and yoghurt mixture and bring to a boil.
- Simmer over low heat until the preparation thickens
- Serve with roti or rice!
In just a few simple steps, you have a delicacy that can make any meal special!