Bhujia was first prepared in the princely state of Bikaner during the reigning period of Maharaja Dungar Singh during the year 1877. Since then, this snack has evolved into an extremely popular snack across the country and in many parts of the world as well. Haldiram and Bikanerwala have built large businesses around the humble Bhujiya.
Similar to Bhujiya, Chickpea and Greengram papad is widely produced in Bikaner. These round flatbreads can be roasted or fried before being enjoyed as an accompaniment to a meal. The most common household name for Papad is Lijjat Papad.
Mana Hotels has clubbed these 2 extremely popular snacks of Rajasthan to come up with this preparation of Rajasthani Bhel with Bhujiya. This preparation would be well suited as a snack before a meal or to accompany a cup of hot tea.
Part 1: Table of Ingredients
|4||Chopped Green chilly||0.08||G|
|5||Chopped Green Coriander||0.05||G|
|7||Red chilli powder||0.01||G|
|15||Salt to taste||0.002||G|
Part 2: Green Chutney
- Grind mint leaves, coriander leaves, ginger, and to a fine paste
- Green chutney is ready!
Part 3: Tamarind Chutney
- Sweet Tamarind Chutney is made with Imli, Jaggery, and Spices.
- Either boil the tamarind or soak it in water overnight to soften it
- Use a hand blender to blend the soaked/boiled tamarind and sieve it with a steel sieve as soon as it becomes semi-liquid. Tamarind pulp is ready
- Mix sugar or jaggery and 1 cup of water in the tamarind pulp
- Cook on the gas
- Add black salt, salt, and red chili to it and mix well
- Cook it till the sugar dissolves and the mixture thickens.
- Sweet tamarind chutney is ready!
Part 4: Rajasthani Bhel
- Take 1 cup of Bhujiya in a large bowl
- Add onion, tomato, crushed crispy papad and roasted peanuts to the bowl
- Mix well
- Add 1 tablespoon of tamarind chutney, 1 tablespoon of green chutney and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Mix well and quick to keep the papad from getting soggy
- Add some more fresh crushed crispy papad to the bhel and garnish with onions and coriander.
- Rajasthani Bhel is ready!
Try this simple yet delicious preparation at home in your kitchens or come visit Mana Hotels in Ranakpur and allow our Chef’s to treat you to this Rajasthani Bhel and many other delicacies.